onsdag, maj 02, 2007

Happy thoughts

Got yet another denial e-mail today :( but I'm still holding my head high cause one application down and 2 new "sent". I failed to meet the criteria at one of the thesis positions at Ericsson, but I surfed back to their website and found another interesting job ad 'Thesis - HW accelerated 3D graphics in mobile phones' so I applied for it and did even manage to write a Cover Letter aswell :) and some other good news is that my big brother is going to ask for a thesis position at his work in the US :) maybe an Internship. I'm having my fingers crossed and I'm hoping for the best.

Today I did some manly work, first off I cleaned the wooden balcony in the backyard then when I was waiting for it to dry I managed to carry some lumber into the garage and start to split the lumber into smaller pieces so they dry faster and then they are a good fuel for the fire in the winter. The machine that splits the lumber pushes the lumber onto a mounted axehead with a 6 ton pressure, so it cracks/splits fairly easily. After doing that for an hour my dad came home with kebab for lunch, it was a long time since I've eaten a kebab. We finished lunch and then my Peter calls me and asks if I want to go to the movies on Sunday and watch Spiderman 3 (spiderman is my hero) so I say yes and ask when he is going to buy the tickets so he tells me in 45 min. I ask my dad for a ride to Kista which is where we are going to watch the movie on Sunday. So we go there and my dad has to make a stop at the bank for some business. Meanwhile I borrow the car and go and pickup Peter (he works nearby from Kista), I drove him to the Kista mall and he went in to get the tickets. In the meantime while Peter is buying the tickets I drove my dad back to work (which is also not far from the mall).

Then back again to pickup Peter and drive him back to his work since his lunchbreak was almost over. After I have dropped Peter off I drove back home, and on the way home I text Peters baby sister to say hello and ask what she is doing. She texts me back and wounder if I'm in town and for how long and she asks me if I could pick her up after school (she is in high school). I text her back and tell her that I could pick her up when she is finished for the day and that would be around 3-3:30 PM. At 3 PM I went to pick her up and then we went to Vällingby which is the suburb to Stockholm and sat down for some coffee and a cookie. We talked about how long I was in town for and stuff like that, I did do the awful mistake to tell her that I've been in town for a week now. She almost hit me over the head with the glas ;) After we had had our coffee we went to pickup my dad from work.

I dropped Carina off at her place and then drove back to my dads for dinner. Before dinner I continued to do some manly lumber splitting work just to feel like I've done something useful before dinner. After the dinner I went home to my friend Filip to watch the hockey game between Sweden and Switzerland and have some beers. Sweden won with 6 - 0 YAYE! A well that about sums it up :) Now I'm gonna hit the sack since my back hurts of all the hard work today and my eyelids are feeling heavy. I'm also hoping for a positive answer from either my big brother in the states or from Ericsson. But my big brother said that I shouldn't get my hopes up to high, and I'm not but still I'm waiting for an answer :)

Cheers!

Inga kommentarer: