tisdag, mars 27, 2007

Rejection and resurrection

So it was a while since I updated this now, or more likely last week. Alot of things has happened since I bloged last time (apparently, conclusion of todays topic). What has happend is that I talked to the representatives at DICE and Avalanche (which where the only companies to show up), from the representative at DICE I got the tip to redo the DiceInvaders that was sent to me so I can show my programming skills to them. I did start working on that small program a while ago but I came half way and then decided to continue to work with the project we where doing in school since we really wanted to get it done (only got a prototype but still). The tip was that I should take a week to design and implement the game and then send it to the representative that came to our presentation, (got his e-mail duh!).

I have started the design today and I am going to design it more thoroughgoingly tomorrow and on wednesday, to finally implement my design on thursday and friday. I hope I will get it done in this week so I can send it to him and then he will put in a good word (or two) for me when he gives it to the human resource manager. Why the kindness is because this representative did actually study the at the same university and the same education as I am studying right now, so he knows what courses I have taken and what I am good for (if my code example is good enough).

And now for that less fun part of the topic, rejection, yes I got rejected at my bachelors thesis spot on Starbreeze, frankly they couldn't offer me any spot neither in the fall nor now in the spring (which kinda sucks) but he did tell me why the process did drag out on the time. It was because he thought I was an interesting candidate :D and I shouldn't be afraid to search for a regular programming position at Starbreeze later on. But still I got rejected and that felt kinda bad, so I was down for a couple of hours and to kill time I did what I always do for self therapy I play destructive games such as Battlefield 2. It went just fine until a classmate started downloading stuff from my computer. Then my ping went skyhigh and I was kicked from the server. A well I thought that I got rid of my aggressions and could start to design the DiceInvaders game. And so I did, I made some sort of a mockup with pen and paper. Just wrote down the basics of what I need to implement the gameplay. I will go into more detail tomorrow, now I need to sleep cause my eyelids feels like they are dragging on the floor.

I'll drop a line soon when more and more starts to come to pieces. Todeloo!

Inga kommentarer: