måndag, augusti 27, 2007

Well that's that

So, a bit of sad news today, I just got my 3 days notice that from Wednesday I'm out of work. Well this job maybe wasn't my dream job and one part of me feels relieved that I don't need to come back and do this booring testing stuff, but the other part kinda feels let down since I now don't have that money coming in every month. Well depending on how fast I get a new job from my consultant chief, or how fast I manage to fix a job by my self. I'm thinking of sending my resume to all the big game developing companies here in Sweden. It would also be a good thing to finish off some of the remaining courses that I haven't finished when I was studying. And during that time I'm thinking of taking a part time job so I atleast get some extra cash every month. My consultant chief told me to logon to their website and check out all the jobs that are up for grabs.

And thus when I came home and did that their database server had crashed, just my luck. But there is a day tomorrow too so I'll just check tomorrow when I get home. I didn't really feel like I was in the right place when I was working there anyway so when I look back at it I felt uncomfortable since I was hired there as a Junior Programmer but what did I really do? Test those got damn phones. I only wonder WHO is gonna test the rest of them now when I'm gone? Are they gonna hire some new talented guy and drain his ass with mobile phone testing? Or are they actually gonna do some testing themselves? Thats one of the many questions I'm never gonna get answered but frankly I couldn't care less at this point.

I can't change what has happend but I sure can change whats gonna happen in the future. So in spite of everything that has happend I'm gonna give 100% the last days and keep my head up high when I leave them. In that way they can't think anything bad about me without thinking that I actually walked out with pride (or something like that). Blah tired of writing about that stuff, now on to more interesting stuff like BioShock yes I said BioShock :)

This past weekend I bought it and installed it as soon as I got home, ate some dinner first and then started to play it. The recommended system for playing this game is:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 2GB
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT 512MB (or other Direct X 9.0c compliant cards with 512MB)
Sound Card: Something that works with Direct X 9.0c

And to all that I can only add that that is the specs for my currently owned computer so the game did actually run in full resolution with very little lag or no lag at all (depending on the environment). I'll post some in-game pictures later now I'm off to bed :D since I still have a job to go to tomorrow bleh.

A small edit to the BioShock game, here is a link to a trailer I really like. Just take a look at those graphics (yummie!)

Later!

Inga kommentarer: